Thursday, September 14, 2006

I see...A BASEMENT!




Madame Ruby
Cash only.
No cards, no checks.
You got cash? [PeeWee nods]
Let me take your jacket. [jerks away]
You want to wear a wet jacket,
it's all right with Madam Ruby.
For $20 I can tell you a lot of things.
For $30 I can tell you more.
And for $50 I can tell you everything.
[drops crumpled bills on table]

Pee Wee

Tell me why I'm here.

Madame Ruby

You're here because you...
...want something.
Let's see...
...what Madam Ruby sees.
I see...
...a bicycle.

Pee Wee

Yes! Is it okay?

Madame Ruby

It's okay.

Pee Wee

Where is it?! Can you see it?
Where is it?!

Madame Ruby
Where is it?
It's somewhere else.
Somewhere far away.

Pee Wee

Where?!

Madame Ruby

The Alamo.

Pee Wee

The Alamo.

Madame Ruby

In the basement.

Pee Wee

I'll never forget you.

Pee Wee's Big Adventure is one of my favorite films of all time. When the clairvoyant Madame Ruby tells Pee Wee
his bike is in the basement of the Alamo, he rushes off cross country to track down his bike. Sure, so maybe there isn't a basement in the Alamo, but there is a basement in Flossmoor. And guess what it has it in? Barrel Aged Beers!

We have a lot of them. Last count shows us currently at 11 different barrels, all filled with one type of beer or another.




This winter we will be taking them out of their wooden homes and getting them
to the bar. Those of you from non Flossmoor areas, fear not, we are working on
pouring one or more of our barrel aged beers within the city limits. Stay Tuned!



No comments: