Friday, October 19, 2007

The "Joe Borter-I can't wait for the next seasonal" update

So one of the reasons that we started this blog about a year and a half ago was to do a better job at letting people know what our current taplist is AND generate some excitement about what is to come (Luckily, it has turned into something a little more exciting than that with photos and tales of our travels and a smattering of opinionated rants.) Quite some time ago (too lazy to find it and link here), one of those rants involved my pet peeve of putting on new seasonals and then get bombarded with the, "What's next?" question. Sure, I know, you love the seasonals so much, you want to get prepared for your next trip to the pub. And I did say that I wanted to keep you interested in what we are planning. so.. while it is a burr on my butt when I hear it, I will admit that we haven't done a good job of teasing our future.(but please excuse me, we are busy buying a bottling line and all the infrastructure that goes with that AND trying to open a several hundred brand craft beer store/homebrew supply store. Kinda busy!)
So, Joe and everyone else who cares, here's what's coming down the pipeline:

Zwickel 500-10/22/07-our 500th batch at FSBC. an unfiltered pilsner

Pumpkin 3.14-10/31/07-cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, maple syrup, vanilla-PIE!

Some kinda holiday beer thing-December. TBA

I have 9 different barrel aged beers waiting downstairs. we'll dedicate a tap to them from Nov-next year. Yummy!

Sheol Barleywine-making it this Tues. Due around Christmas time-ish
We were gonna make a small bier off of this, but as you can see we are kinda full. If you don't know what a small beer is, you should.

Some kinda new IPA- December TBA

2008-Killer Kowalski Baltic Porter and Black Wolf Schwarzbier-lagerin' em up for World Beer Cup in the spring.

Beyond that, you'll just have to patiently wait on pins and needles.
Cheers!

No comments: